This is the weekend that happens once a year where I get to have the house all to myself with just one dog....it's called grouse opener to tim but Mom and Maya weekend to us!!! We decided last night to take off and go sleep on "the beach"--(a place just out of town pretty special to Tim and I) with my friend Katie.
I was feeling desperate for waking up on Lake Superior in the morning to breath that AMAZING air and to see the stars. We had perfect weather last night and this morning and as soon as we packed up the fog rolled in (God knew that's what we needed for our souls last night).
I really wanted to just see stars and the milky way and the sunrise. Well, the moon was so bright last night you couldn't really see too many stars to start with. BUT at 4:30 am I woke up (there were some VERY loud coyotes) and looked straight up and there was the Milky Way and SEVERAL shooting stars!!!! It was PERFECT!!!!! Then at 6:03 am I woke up with a start and the sun was coming up and I started shooting away....
I'm sooo proud of these pictures!! The ONLY photoshopping I did to these was bump the contrast a tiny bit to "pop" the clouds. So all I can say is.....THANK YOU RHEA!!!!!!!!!! (My photography teacher)
Rather than posting them all again over here on my blog...PLEASE take a look at my Flickr account HERE
Or click the slideshow in my sidebar and you will see them too!!
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Mom and Maya weekend
Posted by JoEllyn at 10:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Amazing photos, Josie!!
Those are beautiful! My favorite is of the cloudy skyscape!
Post a Comment