We had EVERY intention of putting in new underground fence for the dogs today, but our friend who is VERY good at talking us OUT of responsibilities talked us into fishing. It was a BEAUTIFUL day so we really couldn't pass up the chance...and it's a GOOD thing we did!!!
I quite literally have never landed a smallmouth bass this big ever in my life. Tim had caught his (below) approximately 1 minute after dropping his line in, and we all just about crapped our pants. Less than twenty minutes later, I got this!!! It was so much fun to land this! I had 6lb test on my rod and I was so scared I wasn't going to get it! Pat had to try 4 times to get it in the net and was panicking because he thought he had knocked it off my line!!
We had to put them back because you can't keep smallmouth at this time of year--otherwise they would BOTH be on the LIVING ROOM wall right next to each other!!
So here's me kissing it cause I was so excited!! (I als really love the angle Tim used on this pic...)
And here's one of the probably 30 we have of me holding it. It was so heavy and the belly was so fat I was scared to hold it near the tail cause I was scared it would slip out of my hands! (I have a fear of losing a fish after I land it)
This is Tim's he got right away....the funny thing was he was the most resistent to go out fishing--yea, I'd say he was pretty happy he went....
Look at it in the net!!! We all just about fell over when we saw the FIRST fish we got for the day was this!!!!
We also got some really nice walleye that also tasted really yummy for dinner....We're EXHAUSTED and sunburned and very happy.....
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Well....the fence still isn't in...
Posted by JoEllyn at 7:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That is one awesome fish and great photos!
great catch!!!
Wow! Look at those fish!!! Love your photos!! Looks like you had a great time! =)
Dani
Omword, look at you!!! What a great catch. Love those pics.
Oh how very fun! Can I come over for DINNER!!!
Post a Comment