Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Day at the zoo!

Well we went to the zoo today for work and I had a blast taking pictures--about 300 to be exact...so here's just a few of what I got.

I didn't have a tripod so these are all freehand and thru glass or fences. The only one I was able to shoot without some sort of barrier were the peacocks. I'm pretty pleased with the results!! Once I get photoshop I want to learn how to get the fence lines out and clean up the glass...


This is my FAVORITE from the day!!! Our zoo got some new lion cubs and they were absolute HAMS for the camera!!! Once kept putting on a "show" for us so I got a lot of great ones of her looking right at us!














4 comments:

Dolores said...

Josie those photos are beautiful!

Tracey Taylor said...

WOW!! I am speechless. These look they came straight from the pages of National Geographic. Love them all!

Shelly K. Hein-Simmons said...

These are sooo fantastic! I love the lion pics, but when I scrolled down to the bear in the water - the expression - fabulous!
You sooo have to come out to San Diego - I am a member of the Zoologoical Society - so have the opportunity to sign up for photo safaris at the Wild Animal Park where they take you in open truck through the exhibits to take close ups & even feed some of the "residents" - - I have been dying to do this and need someone to go with!!

Unknown said...

beautiful photos!