Friday, April 11, 2008

Gales of......April??????

We're in the midst of a NASTY blizzard up here in Duluth!!! But, it was a cool storm cause it was slow coming in which let everyone get out to the lake and take pictures of the HUGE waves down there!!! I could barely get any shots off cause I was getting blown over by the wind and getting soaked from the spray!!!!!

So far we're only at 7 inches but the winds have been topping out at 62 mph....the news stations lost power and can't even broadcast!!! The waves are 15ft high today on the lake which is causing coastal flooding!! I feel like I live up in Northern Canada right now!! This is ridiculous! BUT here's some pictures I took at the lake yesterday -- again not too wonderful of pics because of the wind and spray but you get the idea.....







Not sure WHAT these guys were thinking....but we HAD to go watch them when we saw them walk past us!!

4 comments:

Dolores said...

wow Josie beautiful photos.

Unknown said...

Wow that looks like the ocean!!! Dolores is right those are beautiful pictures!

Shelly K. Hein-Simmons said...

LOL! I was wondering what beach these pics were from when I first glanced at them!! Just shared them with co-workers - they were in disbelief!
Shelly

Anonymous said...

Happy spring in Duluth! Can't wait to move back... those pictures made me miss it a ton (although I'm not going to lie, the 80 degree weather here this weekend was nice). -Kim